Meet the jury
Who will judge your object, project or service?
The Henry van de Velde Awards are judged by 2 seperate juries this year, a national and an international jury.
In May and June, the national jury gathers. They chose the Nominees. This takes two days.
The international jury gathers in September and choses the winner in each category.
We're proud to present the national jury:
- Ronald Bastiaens, academic director of Industrial Product Design at the HOWEST University College of West Flanders
- Jan Boelen, artistic director Z33 and head Master Social Design at the Design Academy Eindhoven
- Clio Brzakala, director Wallonie Design
- Laure Capitani, coordinator WBDM
- Lise Coirier, CEO Pro Materia, editor TL Magazine, curator
- Leen Creve, freelance journalist
- Alexandra Lambert, director MAD Brussels
- Katrien Laporte, director Design museum Gent
- Sophie Lauwers, head exhibitions BOZAR
- Giovanna Massoni, artistic director Reciprocity, communication specialist and curator
- Marie Pok, director CID Grand-Hornu
- Joost Thurman, business & design strategist and founder The Argonauts
- Kurt Vanbelleghem, curator andpublisher contemporary art & design
- Heleen Van Loon, coördinator Cultuurplatform Design